What to do if things go wrong?

We'd like to think that everything will go perfectly, but we accept that sometimes things don't go according to plan and so if you'd like to get in touch with us to raise a complaint, please follow the instructions below to ensure that your issue is resolved as soon as possible.

Step 1: Send an email to customer.services@everflowwater.com or speak to us on 0330 6600 137

We always promise to respond to a complaint within within 10 business days of submitting your complaint and if we haven't you will be entitled to receive automatic compensation in line with our Guaranteed Service Standards, a copy of which accompanies this Welcome Pack.

Step 2: Contact our Head of Customer Services

If you aren’t satisfied with our initial response, please write to us at the following address:

FAO: Head of Customer Services


Suites 1 & 2, Unit 4

Wynyard Business Village


TS22 5FG


Our Head of Customer Services will review the case and provide you with a resolution within 5 business days.

Step 3: Contact the relevant Independent External Body

Next, if you still aren’t satisfied with how we’ve worked to resolve your complaint we have submitted ourselves to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO), or Consumer Council for Water (CCW).

If you are one of our English customers please contact the Consumer Council for Water (CCW) at the following locations: https://www.ccwater.org.uk or 0300 034 2222.

If you are one of our Scottish customers the SPSO can be found here: http://www.spso.org.uk or by calling them on 0800 377 7330

Both organisations act independently to review how complaints have been handled by water and sewerage companies and will judge whether we have treated you fairly or not. If the CCW or SPSO decides that we could have done more to help you then we will of course ensure the mistakes are corrected.

Step 4: Contact our Alternative Dispute Resolution provider

If you have exhausted the 3 steps above, and where you are an applicable Consumer, then in accordance with Part 4 of 2015 No. 542 Consumer Protection, the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015 we inform you that ADR Group (www.consumer-dispute.co.uk) is our ADR Entity. At such time as we have exhausted our internal complaints handling procedure when considering a complaint from a customer and we have been unable to settle that complaint ADR Group (www.consumer-dispute.co.uk) will be competent to deal with that complaint should the customer wish to use alternative dispute resolution and we will be obliged, or prepared, to submit to an alternative dispute resolution procedure operated by ADR Group (www.consumer-dispute.co.uk).

If a complaint is upheld, in addition to a full apology and explanation, you may be entitled to one the following:

1. remedial action to put things right where possible; or

2. financial compensation where remedial action is not appropriate or possible.