Managing utility bills as a business
1. Understand your invoice
It’s important to understand your invoice and be aware of which period you’re being charged for. Our invoices have been created for ease of use, so it won’t take you long to understand the breakdowns.
2. Avoid big adjustments
Whilst we read your meter every six months, we will add a reminder within your invoice if we believe you could do with an up-to-date read, it’s always best to make a habit of submitting monthly reads via our website. This will ensure you avoid adjustments if your usage changes over time.
3. Make sure you’re being as efficient as possible. Check out our top tips for saving money on water bills here and how to check for a leak here.
4. Specify the time of the month you would like the payment to come out of your bank account. If you’re an Everflow Water customer, your payment will leave your bank roughly a week after you receive your invoice. Contact us on 0330 6600 137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have this date changed.
5. Make sure you’re set up on direct debit
Having a direct debit in place ensures you won’t miss a payment.
6. Be aware of when your wholesaler might increase your charges
Each April, wholesalers adjust charges. As we believe in transparency, we pass these charges on to you without any form of markup.
7. Moving premises?
Don’t worry, you can usually take your current contract with you. As an Everflow Water customer, you simply need to fill out our Change of Tenancy form available in the customer area on the menu bar.
8. And of course, if you haven’t already, switch to Everflow Water. As mentioned, our invoices are designed to be easy to understand and manage, and our helpful team are on hand from 8am to 5pm* every day to provide assistance and advice.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for more water-saving tips and advice and feel free to drop us a line if there’s any specific blog or social media content you would like to see from us. We love feedback!
*Please be aware due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic our telephone lines are temporarily open for reduced hours 9am - 1pm.